Fried yam is a crunchy meal that is deep fried and its served with fried eggs or any sauce of choice.
- Yam (white yam)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1Peel and cut the yam into tiny circles, wash the cut yams and place in a bowl
- 2Add salt to the content of the bowl and mix very well.
- 3Heat up vegetable oil in a pot, enough to deep fry the yam chips
- 4When the oil is heated up, add the yam chips batch by batch to create enough room for flipping of the content of the pot.
- 5When they have turn golden, remove and place in a paper towel to absorb the oil
- 6Serve with fried egg, omelette, tomato or vegetable sauce.