Ewedu soup is known among the western part of Nigeria (the yorubas) and its equally enjoyed by the other parts of Nigeria. Ewedu soup is served with the famous amala and stew.
- 250g ewedu leaf
- pinch of salt
- Half teaspoonful of potash
- seasoning cube
- prepared fresh tomatoes stew
- 1Properly pick the ewedu leaves and wash thoroughly to remove any trace of sand or dirt
- 2Boil the ewedu leafs for about 16 minutes
- 3Add potash to help soften it ( this is optional) add the pinch of salt and seasoning cubes.
- 4When its soft you can blend with your blender, but the yorubas prefer using their local broom to whisk it.
- 5Your ewedu is ready. Serve with amala and stew.