Gizdodo is a combination of gizzard and ripe plantain. This recipe was invented to curtail excesses and food wastage. its made from gizzards from chicken, turkey or duck, whichever one you prefer and also make sure you don't use an over ripe plantain.
- Chicken gizzards
- Ripe plantain
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- grounded crayfish
- Habanero pepper
- seasoning cubes
- Curry, thyme and ginger
- vegetable oil
- Green and red pepper
- 1Clean and wash the gizzard with salted and lemon juice. Scrub thouroghly to get rid of every dirt
- 2Cut the clean gizzards into tiny pieces
- 3Place the cut gizzards in a pot with enough water to cook the gizzards, i recommend jus enough to cover the content of the pot, because gizzards are normally tough and takes time to get cooked.
- 4Add the stock seasoning , thyme, curry, ginger, salt to taste and let the gizzards absorb all the stock as it cooks
- 5Cut the ripe plantain into tiny cubes and fry in hot vegetable oil until it turns brown and place in a sieve
- 6Fry the tender gizzards in same hot vegetable oil, or grill in an oven.
- 7Cut the onions, fresh tomatoes and pepper into tiny bits or ground coarsely.
- 8Heat up the oil, add the chopped onion, add the grounded crayfish and stir fry for 5 seconds
- 9Add the grounded tomatoes and pepper and fry till the sour tastes fades off, add a stock cube and the gizzards.
- 10Fry till the gizzards soak up all the sauce.
- 11Add the fried plantain, some chopped onion , sliced green and red pepper.
- 12Mix thoroughly and put of the heat. Your gizdodo is read to be served.
- 13You can serve gizdodo with jollof rice, coconut rice or plain boiled rice