Hello Autumn! Don’t you love the veggies of fall?
I’m celebrating the change of weather with this easy and healthy bean soup. Although I like fresh beans, this recipe has canned pinto beans. The second main ingredient is frozen squash.
Once cooked, you can add cooked brown rice, chopped onions, shredded mozzarella, or chopped cilantro.
- 1 can of beans
- 2 cups of frozen squash cubes
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 Medium onion, chopped
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1In a sauce pan mix and pre-cooked all ingredients except the water, at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add the water and bring to a boil. Then turn heat to medium and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.