To enjoy this sea delicacy, I recommend using fresh Jumbo shrimp.
Steam or boil the shrimp in the shell.
- 1 lb Fresh Jumbo Shrimp
- 4-6 Cups of Filtered Water (to boil the shrimp)
- 2 tbs "sofrito" (chopped garlic, cilantro, onion, green pepper in olive oil)
- 3 small peppers (red, orange, yellow) Cut up in rings
- 3 Frozen "Tostones" (Green, Flatten Plantain)
- 1 Lettuce Leaf (for edible decoration) per Serving
- Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1Boil the shrimp in the shell with the "sofrito" in a covered pot for 45 minutes. Next, remove the shells and clean thoroughly. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile set he plantain aside to thaw at room temperature; then, fry for 1-3 minutes before serving.
- 3In a skillet set at medium-high, melt one tablespoon of the butter and sautee the peppers. Then add the rest of the butter, and the clean shrimp. Turn heat to low, and cover to simmer for about 5 minutes so the shrimp absorbs the peppered butter flavor.
- 4To serve, place on lettuce leaf (sprinkle with olive oil) Place three "tostones", then top with the sautee' shrimp, melted butter, and pepper. Serve 6-7 shrimps per person.