Fewer oil-cooked foods means no free-radicals or extra caloric load. Fewer foods in your bowl means more enjoying of what’s in there. Fewer elements to digest means easier work for the body, so eating and resting can happen all at once.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 floret of broccoli or handful of fresh kale or spinach, washed & cut as desired
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced or cubed
- 5/6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Optional: olive oil or coconut oil, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, sea salt & black pepper
- 1Start by washing and prepping all your vegetables. Put up a vegetable steamer and bring the water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft but still firm. Add the greens to the steamer at the end of the potato cooking time based on which one you use, I steam my greens for these times: Broccoli – 3+ minutes, Kale & Bok Choy – 3 minute, Spinach – 30 seconds
- 2Remove the potatoes & greens when cooked and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes in your serving bowl. Top with avocado cubes or slices, tomatoes, cilantro & lime juice and optional sea salt, Bragg’s or olive or coconut oil. Enjoy still warm or at room temperature. This combo makes a fantastic packed lunch as well and tastes fantastic anyway you enjoy it!