Less fried or over-processed potatoes means cleaner, more honest nutrition. Less mayo-based dressings means less fat and less clutter in your food. Less packaged or store-bought picnic food means less packaging at less cost. Less costly food means more money in your pocket, and that’s a sweet feeling for sure.
For those who eat eggs, I would serve this salad with classic devilled eggs and a green salad for a perfect summer meal. This is also great as a side to any protein dish.A gorgeous salad to take to a summer potluck – a totally refreshing and zesty take on traditional cold potato salad, sans mayonnaise or dairy of any kinds! Serve as is straight out of the mixing bowl or transfer to a clean serving dish.
- 6 cups yellow flesh potatoes, chopped with skin on
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp good prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Fresh pepper if desired
- 1Start by combining the chopped potatoes in a pot with a little water (about 2 cups). Put them up to boil in the water by bringing to a boil with the lid on. Once boiling, turn the heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, or until pricked easily with a fork.
- 2While the potatoes cook, chop dill, pepper, and red onion and add to a large mixing bowl.
- 3Drain your artichokes and cut by first quartering them lengthwise, then cutting the quarters horizontally to get slightly smaller pieces. Add to the bowl along with the other veggies.