Fast, delicious and can be made ahead of time. Everyone goes back for seconds when this pasta is served.
- ¼ cup Jerez sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t honey
- ½ c olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound orzo
- 2 cups cherry or teardrop tomatoes
- 1 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 7 ounces crumbled feta
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups shredded chicken, optional
- 3 cups grilled chopped veggies, optional
- 1Whisk the first three ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large pot. Add orzo, stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook per package instructions, about 7-10 minutes, until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Immediately add dressing and toss.
- 3Add tomatoes, basil, green onions, feta and pine nuts. Or make it a complete meal by adding shredded chicken and chopped grilled vegetables. Toss again. Serve at room temperature.