Sitting at home on a Sunday evening waiting for the latest Game of Thrones episode to stream, I had my favorite dinner snack in front of me. Spicy Chicken with mango, corn and salsa. This dish perfectly comprehends Game of Thrones. Just like the TV Show it is made of various different ingredients and has juicy piece of meat as it’s main story. Chicken Breast/Thighs are rubbed with the spicy mixture and served with the sweet and sour mixture of Mango and corn salsa. An easy to eat dish the Spicy Chicken with mango, corn and salsa is my goto dish when I wish to have dinner while watching TV.
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into ¼” cubes
- 1 ear of corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into ¼” pieces
- 3 T red onion, chopped
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 T finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 handful of mint, torn
- ¼ t chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t kosher salt
- 2 t brown sugar
- 2 t Spanish paprika
- 2 t chili powder
- ½ t Fresh ground pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1Combine first 10 ingredients in a small bowl. Season with kosher salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside while you prepare the chicken. Alternatively, the salsa can be prepared in advance, covered and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- 2Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the next 6 ingredients together in a small bowl (cumin, kosher salt, brown sugar, Spanish paprika, chili powder and fresh ground pepper). Set aside.
- 3Using a meat tenderizer, gently pound each piece of chicken until it is about ½” thick. Rub each piece of chicken with spice mixture, coating all sides.
- 4Heat an oven-proof grill pan, cast iron skillet or non-stick pan to medium high. Add olive oil and coat bottom of pan well. I use a paper towel to rub the oil into all the ridges to make sure my grill pan is well coated. Sear chicken on both sides and finish in the oven for 8 minutes.
- 5Plate each piece of chicken and serve it with a couple heaping spoonfuls of the mango and corn salsa.