Zoodles are topped with a roasted leek, pancetta and sun-dried tomato sauce for a delicious low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, vegetable-dense pasta-like dinner. Can be modified to be dairy-free by eliminating Parmigiano Reggiano.
- ½ pound of pancetta, chopped into a ¼
- 3 large leeks, sliced in half and then sliced into half moons, include white and a little of the light green part of the leek
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 T basil, chiffonade, divided
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 8 small zucchinis, spiraled
- 1 - 2 T olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- Grated parmesan cheese to garnish
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. On your stovetop, heat an oven-proof skillet or Dutch oven and add your pancetta. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to crisp. Drain off all but about 1 T of the pancetta fat. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 2Stir in the leeks, shallots, 3 T basil and red pepper flakes. Put the pan in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes.
- 3While sauce is cooking, spiral your zucchini.
- 4Remove from the oven and stir in the the chopped sun dried tomatoes and white wine. Return to the oven and roast another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir in the remaining basil and taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat a large skillet on the stovetop on medium high. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. When hot add zucchini noodles and a pinch of red pepper flakes and saute for about 2 minutes until hot. Add sauce to zoodles and stir to combine.
- 6Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and toasted pine nuts.