Pakoras can be eaten solely or with a curry like in kadhi. Mixed vegetable pakoras are made of spinach, potato and onions combined with gram powder and spices. They are the perfect snack food when you are craving for something savoury. Crispy from the outside and soft from the inside, they are sure to satisfy your appetite. Quick and easy to make, if you just have some of the ingredients in your kitchen.
In a bowl, mix gram flour, all the spices and baking powder. Pour in water gradually and whisk till you get a smooth batter thats slightly thick.
Keep the mixture aside. Prepare the vegetables. Mix the vegetables in the batter.
Heat oil in a wok, it should be on med-high flame. The oil needs to be hot before you put your pakora mixture in it. Put spoonful of the batter in the wok. Fry for 8 to 10 mins turning the pakoras occasionally till they are evenly golden brown.
Serve hot with chutneys or ketchup. Enjoy!
- 1 cup spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 large potato chopped
- 2 cup chickpeas powder/ gram powder/ besan
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Water to mix
- Oil to fry
- 1In a bowl, mix all the spices, baking powder and the gram flour. Whisk while gradually adding water till it turns into a slightly thick and smooth batter. Keep the batter to rest for about 15 mins.
- 2Mix the vegetables in the batter.
- 3Put spoonfuls of the batter in a wok to fry. Deep fry the pakoras on med-high heat for 10 mins or more till they are evenly golden brown.
- 4Serve hot with chutneys or ketchup. Enjoy!