If you have friends or family coming over for dinner and you want to impress them then this lamb recipe needs to be tried out. It is simple to make, but it will leave your guests thinking you’ve got some serious chef-like-skills.
For the best results I always marinate the lamb leg a night before because it helps the flavors to infuse evenly and the end result is juicy and tender. Tip: for the flavors to be balanced throughout make sure you turn the lamb every few hours.
Get your grill ready when it’s time to serve dinner, because you really don’t want to prepare the lamb way before time because re-heating will dry up the lamb and your efforts will be in vain. Place the lamb on the grill for approximately 12 to 16 minutes per side if you’re looking for medium-rare (that’s how I like my meat, and it definitely tastes best).
Don’t indulge yourself in other distractions while your lamb is on the grill because you want to keep dressing it for better flavor and moisture in that piece of meat.
You can choose your mix of vegetables to serve with the lamb and I like to toss in some of the left over marinade when stir frying the vegetables along with a dash of olive oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper if you don’t want to add the left over marinade.
Serve in restaurant style plates; preferably white platters because the vibrant colors of the vegetables and the juices of the lamb will look great!
- 1 leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- Lamb Marinade:
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Grilled Vegetables:
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley in sealable plastic bag. Add leg of lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Lift the lamb out of the marinade, season well and grill until lamb is cooked to desired doneness, for about 12 to 16 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 3Prepare the vegetables. In a bowl, combine the carrots, zucchini, garlic. Toss vegetables in olive oil, dried cilantro, dill, salt and pepper. Stir frying the vegetables for 20 minutes or until they're tender-crisp.
- 4Evenly place the roasted vegetable in the centre of each plate. Place lamb on top of the vegetables.