Moving ahead towards making the most of those mangoes, this salad will definitely take your taste buds on a mediterranian ride. With just three easily available ingredients, Kiwi, Mango and cucumber it's surely here to cool off those heat waves in a healthy way. Another interesting ingredient is the Tahini Sauce (click for the recipe)which apparently is different than plain Tahini. It is a regular dip in an arabian platter, which goes pretty well with any kinda bread, specially the good old Pita. Match made in heaven I say.
I must say all that binge and stress eating during the Corona lockdown has deffinitely added unwanted baggage onto our already vulnerable health status. So tasty salad could be the best beit to get us off the junk hook.
Some more info about the benefits of the ingredients involved will give that much needed push into the salad club maybe! Here you go.
Kiwi- Health benefits:-Aids digestion.
-Helps prevent sickness.
-Helps treat asthma.
-Boosts immune system.
-Manages blood pressure.
-Reduces blood clotting.
Mango- Health benefits:-For healthy eyes.
-Helps in maintaining cholesterol level.
-It helps in cleansing skin.
-It helps in fighting cancer.
-Helps in regulating diabetes.
Cucumber- health benefits:-It consists of antioxidants.
-Aides in weight loss.
-Lowers blood sugar.
-Regulates bowl movement.
-Supports bone health.
Helps manage cholestrol levels.
Tahini- Health benefits:-Helps protect liver and kidney function.
-Rich in antioxidants.Has antibacterial properties.
-Contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
-Full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- For Salad
- Ripe Mango Diced- 1&1/2 cup (Ripe but firm to touch)
- Cucumber(cored and diced)- 1 cup
- Kiwi(diced)- 1&1/2cup
- Feta cheese(chunks)- 1/2 cup
- Dil leaves(chopped)or Parsley- Handfull
- For the dressing:
- Tahini Sauce-3 tsp (click for Tahini sauce recipe)
- Olive oil- 3 tbsp
- Sumac- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Honey-1 tsp
- Zaater- 1tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Note: How to make tahini sauce- In a blender add 1/2 cup Tahini, 3-4 cloves garlic, salt to taste, 2tbsp olive oil. Blend to a thick paste. Remove and add 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice. Add more olive oil to adjust consistency. Store in air tight container in the fridge. stays good for about 2 weeks. Use in Sandwiches, shawarma, in arabian platter as dips with pita bread or in salads.
- 1In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients mentioned under dressing. Mix well. Check the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- 2Just before serving, add the cubed, cucumber, mango, kiwi and toss to coat the dressing. Break the feta cheese into chunks and sprinkle over the tossed salad. Spread hand full of Dill or Parsley leaves(as per choice). Enjoy!