Name is similar to a potato, it's starchy and filling. You can eat it by itself adding olive oil and fresh garlic or the your favorite seasonings. Make sure to peel the Name before boiling it!
- 2-3 lbs Name Root (peeled and cut and boiled in cubes or rounds 1
- Unsalted Cod Fish Fillet (boiled, crumbled, tiny bones removed)
- Olive oil, Sea salt, Fresh Garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1-2 oz. organic tomato sauce
- Lime Wedges (to use as garnish and to squeeze over the cod fish)
- 1Peel the Name Root, cut in chunks 1-1 1/2" thick and place in boiling water for about 20-25 minutes. Boil until soft. Check softness with a fork. Leave in the water until ready to serve so it won't dry.
- 2In a separate pot boil the cod fish for 10-15 minutes. Then drain the boiling water. Wait a few minutes until it cools. Next, crumble with your fingers and pour olive oil, tomato sauce, and fresh garlic. Place back on the stove at medium heat to stir fry for about 5 minutes so the cod fish cooks with the tomato sauce and garlic.
- 3Last, place the Name Root on a plate and cover with the cod fish garlic sauce. Garnish with a lime wedge. It may be served with boiled eggs, fresh tomato rounds, corn kernel, etc.