The healthy ingredient is hidden between the layers of seasoned ground meat and the ripe plantain which is the substitute for the pasta!
- 4 eggs, beaten with a dash of salt or pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs. frozen, ripe plantains (cooked and mashed)
- 1 lb. organic ground beef (cooked with fresh cilantro, garlic, onions, and sweet peppers)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves (whole)
- 1Completely cook the meat, then set aside.
- 2Thaw the frozen plantains before mashing. For faster preparation, place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Lay the mash plantains in a baking dish.
- 3Cover with all the spinach leaves, then add the cooked meat and add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- 4Last, pour the egg mix around the edge of the baking dish. This will keep the ingredients from separating during baking.
- 5Cover and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked. Let cool and enjoy.