This is a simplified version of the Spanish frittata. The potatoes are previously steamed, not fried, and saved in the fridge. The yellow onion is chopped fresh.
It’s a flavorful main dish or side.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 small red potatoes with peel, cut in quarters or slides, steamed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 medium size yellow onion, chopped in layers
- 1Preheat a nonstick skillet with butter. Add the chopped onion. Let onion cook in medium high.
- 2Add the potatoes and let them brown on both sides. Tune heat to medium. Spread out the ingredients on the skillet.
- 3Add the beaten eggs and cover. Let cook thoroughly for 5-7 minutes. Carefully flip and turn of the heat. Let stand covered for another 1-2 minutes or until fully cooked. Then serve.