When I crave Chinese rice and don’t want to leave the house, I just search in my fridge for fresh and frozen vegetables. Instead of soy sauce, I use a teaspoon or two of liquid aminos like, Bragg.
Brown rice may take more time to cook, but its nutty flavor and fiber is worth the wait.
Once cooked, you can store it in serving size containers in the freezer or fridge depending on how soon you plan to eat it.
A slice of avocado makes a great side.
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 leaves of lettuce or cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked ham or chicken cut in small pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons of Bragg aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh ginger root, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, thinly cut
- 2 tablespoons of cooking or olive oil
- 1Cook the rice according to instructions on the package. Set aside.
- 2Steam the mix veggies.
- 3In a wok or nonstick skillet, pour the oil. Set to medium high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, then the rice. Softly fry the rice making sure all the garlic and ginger are stirred into it. Then add the veggies, celery, meats (optional), and last add the lettuce.