Chicken breast pieces skewered with red onion and pepper, then marinated in a garlic, coriander and black pepper paste, served with a smoky tomato relish.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 birds eye chillies, chopped
- 5 ml paprika
- 2 ml ground cumin
- 2 ml ground turmeric
- a handful of fresh coriander
- salt and black pepper
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into segments
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into squares
- wooden sosatie sticks
- 1In a pestle and mortar, add the garlic, chilli, cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt and black pepper and olive oil. Grind to a paste.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add the chicken and coriander paste, rub it all over and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3After marinating, skewer pieces of chicken, onion and pepper and cook on a hot grill for until cooked. Serve with smoky tomato relish and a starch of your choice