This rice recipe uses SunRice Low GI Brown Rice combining the benefits of a wholegrain brown rice with the advantages of being a low GI food. It is great used alongside lean meats and seafood or as in this case as a base for a great tasting salad.
- 2 cups SunRice Low GI Brown Rice
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced
- 125g baby corn, halved
- 5 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 3/4 cup brazil nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1Cook the rice according to directions on the packet. Cool.
- 2Cook asparagus and corn in boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- 3Add asparagus, corn, radishes, green onions, mint and 1/2 each of the of the brazil nuts and pomegranate seeds to rice. Combine oil, lemon juice and mustard and add to rice mixture. Toss to combine.
- 4Serve salad topped with whole mint leaves, remaining chopped brazil nuts and pomegranate seeds.