- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, peeled, cut diagonally into 5cm lengths
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 gm walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm firm ricotta, crumbled
- 50 gm parmesan, shaved
- baby basil leaves
- Juiceof 1 lemon
- 1Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender (1-2 minutes). Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- 2Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add walnuts and stir occasionally until just golden (1-2 minutes), then pour onto asparagus, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 3To serve, transfer asparagus to a platter and scatter ricotta, parmesan and basil leaves over, drizzle with lemon juice and serve immediately.