Luscious flavor bombs, roasted tomatoes are perfect accompaniments to meat or poultry, stand-alone appetizers or add-ins to countless recipes. This hot-oven short cut, is great when you don't have 3-4 hours to slow roast.
- 1 dozen roma tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 3 T rosemary, basil or thyme
- Sea salt
- 1-2 heads of garlic, optional
- 1Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Rub a little olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan. Toss tomatoes with a generous splash of olive oil and sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Turn tomato halves so they are all cut-side up in pan. Cook 30-45 minutes, checking every 15 minutes to insure they don't burn.
- 2If you want to add roasted garlic to your recipe, slice the tip off of a head of garlic, place on a sheet of foil, splash on a bit of olive oil, replace the cut garlic tip and wrap in foil. toss the foil-wrapped garlic in the tomato pan and roast whole along side your tomatoes. The garlic will take 45 minutes to an hour and is done when inside is soft.
- 3If you have any leftovers, store in fridge covered in olive oil for about a week or freeze.