Kids often tend to avoid protein rich and fiber rich foods. One among them is the healthier cow peas. Try giving them this dish, they would definitely like it!
- Cow peas - 250 gms
- Musrard seeds - 1/8 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek - 1/8 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Tamarind juice - 100 ml (thick juice)
- Curry leaves - to add flavor
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Garlic (flattened) - 5 cloves
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies - 2 no
- Coconut milk - 150 ml
- 1Cook cow peas in a pressure cooker with required salt and water.
- 2Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek and curry leaves (one after the other).
- 3Add finely chopped onion, flattened garlic and tomato, one by one and saute for while.
- 4Now add cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies, coriander powder, tamarind juice and pour required water and salt.
- 5Let it cook in medium high flame for 10 min.
- 6Add the cooked cow peas and coconut milk and allow it to be in heat for a minute. The dish is ready to serve.
11 June, 2016