Yam porridge is easy and quick to prepare. It has this soupy appearance because its prepared the same way you prepare your soup by adding the ingredients to the yam.
- White yam (1kg)
- Habanero pepper
- 2 tablespoonful grounded crayfish
- Smoked fish
- 1 medium size onion
- Red oil (palm oil)
- 2 stock cube seasoning
- salt to taste
- Vegetables ( pumpkin or spinach)
- 1Peel and cut the yam into desired cube sizes, wash and place in a pot
- 2Wash and cut the onion and vegetables into tiny pieces.
- 3Grind the pepper and debone the smoked fish.
- 4Add enough water to cover the yam cubes and cook at a medium heat.
- 5When the yam starts boiling, add the grounded crayfish, habanero pepper, onion, stock cubes, and palm oil.
- 6Add salt and continue cooking until the yam is soft as desired.
- 7When the yam is cooked, add the vegetable and stir very well with a wooden spoon until the liquid thickens. Then serve.