Avocado has a soft, creamy texture, and what I like to call "green buttery" flavor. For this recipe I recommend fresh avocado, however, if you don't find any, you can check the produce section of the supermarket for ready-made avocado dip or plain "Guacamole".
If you are on a non-dairy or lactose free diet, just ignore the cheese in this snack.
In the photo: Red color on the avocado: 1/2 tablespoon of Annato Oil.
- Multigrain Tortilla Chips (5.5 ounces)
- Avocado (1small or 1/2 Large) Peeled and mashed.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1/3 Cup)
- 1Peel and mash the avocado in a dish with a fork or blend for about one minute in the blender.
- 2Shred or grate the cheese.
- 3Spread the chips on a flat plate. Cover with the cheese and microwave for 10-15 seconds on HIGH or until melted.
- 4Top with the avocado. Garnish with Annato oil or Paprika.