Have breakfast like a true islander. Try this energizing and simple recipe. It's only two main ingredients.
"Amarillos"(ripe plantain) & eggs
- Ripe plantain cut in slices or cubes.
- 2 Eggs (preferably organic)
- Cilantro or pimento for edible garnish
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1In a nonstick skillet, preheat in medium the coconut oil. Place the pieces of plantain. Cook cover for 2 minutes on each side. Next, remove from the skillet.
- 2Gently pour in the two eggs. Fry or cook over easy for two minutes.
- 3Serve warm. Decorate with cilantro or pimento. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.