This is my basic homemade hummus.
The combinations of flavors are endless.
This is a wholesome snack!
Spread it on crackers, bread, or a tortilla (photo)
- 1 can of garbanzo (chickpea), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium sweet pepper (pimento), chopped up
- 1-2 garlic, freshly minced
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1Use an electric chopper or blender to mash the garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic, sweet pepper, cilantro and salt. Chop to make a creamy texture. Add water to soften and needed.
- 2For the flour tortilla to look brown as in the photo, spray cooking oil on a nonstick skillet. Heat both sides in medium to desired browness. Avoid burning.