Summer in a side dish!You can serve this any time of the year, but I think it's best during the summer. If you're looking for a delicious and different potato salad, this is it!
- 2 small golden or white potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 cobs sweet corn
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sprouted lentils or mung beans
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup Basil Dijon Dressing, or to taste
- 1First, peel the corn and place the cobs in a pot with about 3 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil with a lid on and cook the corn with the heat on medium for 8-10 minutes. When ready, drain and run the cooked corn under cool water, before shaving the corn off the cob with a sharp knife. Once the corn is cooking, put the potatoes up to boil in a pot covered in water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes until tender but not mushy. While the potatoes and corn cook, combine all the dressing ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- 2Prepare the parsley + red onions by chopping both finely, and gather the mung beans and feta and set aside. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them in a colander and let sit to cool for 10 minutes or so, until warm but not hot. In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, corn, red onion, parsley, and mung beans with the dressing. Mix until well coated and let cool to room temperature before serving. Add the feta and some reserved parsley, black pepper, and any colourful tomatoes for garnish and serve.