Breakfast or dessert? This dressed up, slightly savory yogurt parfait melds roasted figs, honey, orange juice, rosemary and a touch of salt and pepper. A great light dessert that you won't feel guilty about indulging in for breakfast.
- 8 fresh figs, sliced in half
- 1 t orange zest
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 t finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup orange juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-oz containers basic honey yogurt
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wipe a baking dish with a smidgeon of olive oil. Lay figs cut-side up and side-by-side in an 8" x 12" baking pan. Figs should be almost touching without a lot of extra room in pan. Adjust the number of figs you use to the size of your pan.
- 2Whisk together honey and rosemary. Drizzle over cut figs. Sprinkle salt and cracked pepper over figs. Pour orange juice on top of figs. Bake for 25 minutes checking about half way. The figs should be tender with a reduced orange/honey reduction surrounding them. Do not let reduction burn. Remove from oven and cool.
- 3Remove figs from pan and place in a storage container until ready to use. Spoon orange/honey reduction over figs. Can keep in fridge for a week.
- 4In a parfait glass alternate a spoonful of yogurt with roasted figs and orange-honey reduction. If you want to be fancy, garnish with a sprig of rosemary.