This yogurt raita is a refreshing complement to spicy foods. The yellow raisins provide a sweet contrast to the cooling cucumbers and fresh herbs. Serve with curries or go out of the box and serve raita to garnish your tacos or add to a pulled pork sandwich.
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, plus some for garnish
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped into ¼
- ½ cup yellow raisins, plus some for garnish
- ½ cup chopped mint, plus some for garnish
- ¼ t ground cumin
- ¼ t ground coriander
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Chili powder for garnish
- 1Mix first 8 ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 24 hours). Raita gets better with a few hours in the fridge as the flavors meld.
- 2When ready to serve, garnish with chopped cucumber, cilantro, mint, raisins and a sprinkling of chili powder.