Cheese is served at the gateway to heaven. Today I bring for you a cheesy delight which would tantalize your taste buds. The Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese are tiny pockets of cheese filled happiness wrapped around in red hot pepper.
Today’s recipe is a bit extensive but is perfect for party starters. Invite your friends/family over and serve them this as finger food and see the smile on their faces. I chose the red pepper as it has the highest amount of Vitamin C as compared to the other variety of peppers. It also consists of Beta-Carotene which is generous in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. I have also added Chive and Cilantro to add taste. While both are very low in calories cilantro is also cholesterol free. When these nutritious products are added with goat cheese, they give you this lovely synergy that we call The Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese.
Now let us see how this dish is prepared. The preparation is a bit elaborate and requires time and patience. But I assure you that it yields very likeable results and people to whom you serve will have smiles as they eat it.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 200g of goat cheese
- Dried chives
- Dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame oil
- 1Pre-Heat a Broiler/Grill. Place the Red Peppers on the grill and cook them until they are black on the outside (Yes! You are supposed to BURN THEM)
- 2When the Peppers are burnt properly and you can see the black soot on all sides. Remove the peppers and cover them up with a paper bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let them cool off properly. TIP: These two steps can be done a day in advance which allows you to be prepared.
- 3Scrape all the black soot off the peppers by using your fingers. Remove the stem and seeds as well. You can also use a damp towel. But DONOT rinse the peppers as it washes away all the sweet pepper juices. (Yes! This step is a bit messy. But just wait and watch the wonders ahead)
- 4After cleaning the pepper, cut them into strips which are about 3cms wide. Place a teaspoon of goat cheese at the end of each pepper strip. Sprinkle cheese on the top with a pinch of dried cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Roll Up each pepper strip with the goat cheese stuffed inside and garnish it with dried chives and sesame oil.
- 6Now you are ready to serve Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese.