Taco shells are a great way to substitute bread in a meal.
This recipe calls for few ingredients and easy preparation.
I used organic taco shells made of blue corn.
Other toppings (not shown): fried beans, fresh avocado, jalapenos, hot sauce, diced tomato, sour cream
- 1 box of organic, blue corn taco shells (8-12 shells)
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 pound (lb) lean, ground turkey
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a non-stick, oiled, skillet, cook the meat. (Add seasonings to taste: "sofrito", tomato sauce, adobo, chopped onion, fresh garlic, tomato sauce, etc.)
- 2Preheat the oven or oven toaster at 350 F. Warm the shells for 5-6 minutes.
- 3Place the shells in a plate, add two spoons of the meat, add cheese, and spinach. Add any other favorite toppings. Serve warm.