Recently I read in a nutrition article that eating mushrooms could improve immunity. This inspired me to try large “Portabella” mushrooms with onions and seasoning.
Mushrooms cook quickly and absorb flavors easily so add very little seasoning.
As side dish, Jasmine rice is one of my favorites.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion ( sliced or chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Monterey whole portabella mushrooms cut in slices(1 per serving)
- Favorite Seasoning
- 2 cups of water
- 1In a deep non-stick skillet add the onion and butter. Cook armed medium heat for 2-4 minutes until glazed (soft)
- 2Add the mushrooms spread over the cooked onions. Then sprinkle with seasoning.
- 3Pour one cup of water and mix in with the butter and onions. Spread out in the skillet turn heat to low and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes. If water evaporates add more water to over the mushrooms. Serve warm.