Here is a meat-less recipe for the mushroom lover. The "spices" are very simple: Spanish onion, cilantro, and Cayenne Pepper for edible garnish.
In the photo: Spice of Life Mushrooms with Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Potato
- Organic Fresh Portabella Mushrooms (1 pound, scliced & rinsed)
- Spanish Onion (1/2 large, sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro ( fist-size bunch)
- Olive Oil (1 or 2 Tbsp) or butter
- Cayenne Pepper (plate garnish or sprinkled over the mushroom)
- 1In a 4 quart pot, place the mushroom, then fill up with filtered water to cover the mushroom. Mix in the adobo. Set to high heat and boil for 20 minutes. (Tip: Save the liquid for frying and/or gravy)
- 2On a large skillet or Wok heated to medium, place the onion and the butter or olive oil. Sautee' until the onion turn golden brown. Avoid overcooking or burning. Then, add the cilantro, mixing slowly.
- 3Last, add the boiled mushroom without the water. Sautee for a minute or two, integrating the spices with the mushroom.