Are you having guests for dinner one of these days, or you simply wanna impress your family with something fancy, but still easy to cook? Then this mix of flavors is exactly what you've been looking for.
This recipe is ready in 30 minutes and requires just a few ingredients. So, you won't spend the entire day in the kitchen and yet you'll have a tasteful dish to put on the table. Trust me, the result is spectacular, especially if you're a fan of blue cheese and you like a bit of sweetness in your plate.
I generally use a Williams pear or an Abate Fetel pear, because of their particular perfume and sweetness, but you can try with any pear you like, as long as it's mature.
I've chosen a spicy Gorgonzola cheese to make the sauce, but you can use a creamy one if you prefer a lighter flavor.
Try it and don't forget to let me know about results. And, if you like it, share the recipe with your friends ;)
- Rice - 100 grams
- Pear - 140 grams (half a pear)
- Gorgonzola - 40 grams
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- White wine - 35 ml
- Hot water - aprox 250 ml
- 1Peel the pear and cut it into thin slices.
- 2Cut the Gorgonzola cheese into small cubes.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the olive oil on a low fire and add the rice.
- 4After one minute, add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate (about 1- 1 1/2 minute).
- 5Add the slices of pear and mix the two ingredients in the pan.
- 6Add hot water gradually, to allow the rice to cook, according to the instructions you find on the package. Add salt.
- 7When the rice is fully cooked, add the Gorgonzola and mix gently. Add some hot water, if needed.
- 8The rice is done when the Gorgonzola has completely melted. Don't overcook.
- 9Serve immediately.
- Total Fat4 g6%
- Carbs24 g8%
- Protein5 g10%