I had leftovet baked potatoes so i decided to make some fish cakes :) you can also make them larger and into patties for fish burgers.
I didn't use a real recipe, but a good principle to follow is to use 200 g fish for every potato and 1 egg between 2 servings
- Olive oil
- 2 medium cooked potatoes
- 400 g cooked fish of choice (I used hake)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp tikka curry sauce
- 1 Tbsp greek yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: add in shredded spinach for some extra nutrients and is a good way to disguise greens from your children
- 1Peel and mash the potatoes, together with the milk, greek yoghurt, curry sauce and egg.
- 2Add the cooked fish and continue to mash until desired consistency.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- 4Add 1 Tbsp olive to a large pan each time you fry a batch.
- 5Serve with a light salad and greek yoghurt for dipping.
- 1213 calories, 18 carbs, 4 g fat, 31 g prot