I was in the mood for chocolate, but not flour. So almond flour would be perfect for fresh-baked cookies.
Almond flour is more expensive than all-purpose, but it’s gluten-free. For chocolate chips I always choose dark chocolate without sugar.
Baking time is 10-15 minutes depending on your oven settings. As you can see in the photo, I did not flatten the cookies. This makes them soft inside and crispy outside.
A cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of cold milk is not included but highly recommended.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon of canola or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanila extract
- 1 egg white (yolk removed)
- 1Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and line up a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Mix in a bowl the flour, baking soda. In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, and vanilla. Then pour into the flour. Last add the chocolate morsels.
- 3Drop teaspoonfuls of the mix on the baking sheet at least two inches apart. For crispier texture, flatten the mix. For softer middles, don't flatten, just let it be. Last, bake for 12 to 15 minutes and enjoy!