This is a quick and healthy vegetable and rice soup.
This flavorful, protein packed and veggie loaded soup will serve as a fantabulous winter night supper or when you are hungry and your fridge refuses to bestow any left over. Pack it up in a thermos and take it to work or encase it in your child’s lunchbox.
Blended with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, this soup will inevitably warm your belly and soul.
The kick of this soup is 2 spoons of beef gelatin. I use gelatin powder in my cooking quite often since it gives extra protein and collagen. Do you know, 1 tablespoon of gelatin has 10 grams of protein?
So, if you are looking for a combo of taste and health, this is an ideal recipe that will sizzle your body and spirit.
Happy cooking and stay healthy!
- 1/4 cup rice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 500ml vegetable broth
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 200g frozen broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 tbsp beef gelatin
- Salt and pepper
- 1Take a soup pot, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute.
- 2Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
- 3Now add the broth, broccoli, carrots, dried herbs, beef gelatin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 4Then, reduce the heat. Cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5Taa Raa, your soup is ready! Enjoy!