Perfect for leftover roasted peppers, or just for something hearty on a cold day.
If you want to roast peppers, just put them in the oven, whole, for 25 minutes at 220'C or 450'F. Once done their skin should be charred. Let them cool, peel off the skin and then add to the soup.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 400 g cans of whole tomatoes in tomato juice
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
- 1Fry the garlic and rosemary in the oil on a medium to low heat, until the garlic turns golden.
- 2Add the tomatoes, peppers and balsamic along with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Add it to a blender and blend until smooth. For some spice add in the chilli flakes and for something more creamy add in the sour cream, or just keep it to serve on top of the soup. Enjoy!