This veggie-dense salad is a great way to pack more veggies into your diet. Cauliflower, snap peas and tomatoes are tossed in a walnut dressing and garnished with capers, herbs and hazelnuts.
- ¾ pound snap peas, ends trimmed
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 - 2 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes. sliced in half
- Zest strips from 1 orange
- 2 T capers, chopped
- 1 handful of dill, torn
- 1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 handful mint, torn
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the snap peas and parboil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. When cooled, drain and spread on a clean tea towel to dry.
- 2Cut the florets from the cauliflower in uniform 2" pieces. Place on a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to coat all the florets with oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange florets in roasting pan cut-side down, with plenty of space between florets. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until florets are nicely browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 3Make salad dressing by combining garlic, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in walnut oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4When ready to serve combine cauliflower, snap peas, tomato halves, citrus strips, capers herbs and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Toss with the salad dressing and transfer to a large serving platter.