Here I am making a Cucumber noodle salad. A 20 minute preparation which serves 6 consists mainly of the cool cucumber which keeps you hydrated, fights body heat and thumps out the toxins. This is a unique salad which also appeals to the kids who love noodles but hate salad. My 8 year old nephew gobbles up this salad, without knowing it to be a salad and thinks its just another noodle recipe. We can also add some shrimp/mangoes or avocado as per our liking to make the salad more happening.
- 3 hot house cucumbers
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 t toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1 T ginger finely minced or grated
- 1 t sugar
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 3 green onions
- ⅓ cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 6 large shrimp (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Chopped mango (optional)
- Nori flakes (optional)
- 1Use the smallest noodle blade on your Paderno spiralizer. Spiralize all three cucumbers. Lay the noodles out on a clean absorbent dish towel and pat dry. Place in a towel lined metal bowl and refrigerate for an hour or more until ready to toss.
- 2Make the dressing by whisking together the rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, sesame seeds, ginger, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust.
- 3When ready to serve, toss the cucumbers cilantro, green onions and half the chopped peanuts together with the dressing. Serve the noodles in individual plates topped with remaining peanuts and your choice of optional toppings.